Monday, October 17, 2016

"The joy we feel has...everything to do with the focus of our lives."

Hey y'all!!!!
We had another big and exciting week here in Inman!!! Missionary life is just so awesome!!!
So here is the run down of the week:
Monday was p-day! We had fun playing games that J. and K. let us borrow! Then in the evening we saw S. B.! We shared 2 Nephi 32:8-9 and talked about the importance of prayer in our daily lives.
Tuesday: We saw Sister K. and had a good visit with her. Then we saw Papa J.! We taught the Law of Chastity and he is getting more and more set on being baptized- which is awesome!! Then we saw Sister M. We read out of 2 Nephi 9 with her and talked about the Plan of Salvation. Then we sang at Golden Age! In the evening we saw B. and had a really good lesson on obedience to God's commandments! Afterwards we saw the M. family and taught about the Word of Wisdom. Then we were able to stop in and briefly see a less active named A. that we hadn't been able to see in a really, really long time! So it was a full day!
Wednesday we helped out at the soup kitchen! Such a blessing! Yay!! In the afternoon we tried a lot of people who ended up not being home, but it was still good and we enjoyed being missionaries! In the evening we held our Book of Mormon class which went really well! Afterwards we had our ward missionary meeting!
Thursday: We had yoga day! Always a favorite!  Then we planned for our upcoming week! Then in the evening we saw K.! We watched the Mormon message "Life's drama" with her and talked about how we are responsible for our own actions. We then tied it in to the lesson on since we are responsible for our own actions we should use our agency to do good things! So it was good :)
Friday: We had our Zone Training Meeting!!! I was part of a really awesome musical number! It was me, Sister Coleman, Elder Guzman, and Elder Swingler (two of the Spanish elders in our district). Elder Guzman and I did a guitar duet for the accompaniment! We sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul." And what was extra cool was that the Spanish Elders did one of the verses in Spanish! It was just really awesome! I love THE MESSAGE! 
 Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.
 
 Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.
 
O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.
 
 The rest of the meeting was good too! In the evening we saw J. and read 2 Nephi 31 with him and talked about baptism and enduring to the end! then we saw E. and D. and read Enos with them and talked about prayer!
Saturday: We saw R. in the morning and had a super good lesson with him about Temples. Then we saw B. We read Alma 36 with him and talked about repentance! Then we saw Papa J. again! We read 3 Nephi 11 with him so that was good! In the evening we saw the B. family! We originally planned on teaching about the priesthood, but then they had a lot of questions about the temple so we talked about that instead! So it was another good day:)
Sunday was great! We had church which is always awesome! B. and B. came! It was B.'s first time coming to church so that was really exciting! He really liked it and wants to come again :) the M. and B. families were there as well :) The other exciting thing was the ward organist is out of town, so I was asked to play the piano during sacrament meeting (luckily that was ahead of time). I was a little nervous, but it went really well :) Then we saw E. and D. again and taught them about the Plan of Salvation! Then we saw the M. family again and shared Moroni 7:16. Then we saw J. and K.! We listened to the general conference talk. "Joy and spiritual survival". so that was great :)
So it was another amazing week being a missionary!
The other news of the week is that transfers are here again! This time transfers are on Tuesday (so tomorrow) and because of that the transfer voicemail came out on Saturday. Unfortunately my name was a part of the voicemail, so that means that tomorrow I will be headed off to a new adventure! I am sad to say goodbye to all the people here that I have been working with for so long, but I am excited for the new adventure ahead of me!
For my spiritual thought today I wanted to share a quote from "Joy and Spiritual Survival" by President Nelson. During the talk he speaks on how as we focus on Christ we can find joy during our life no matter what we have going on. He says, "My dear brothers and sisters, the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives." I know that as we put Christ as the main focus in our lives that everything else will fall into place and we will find joy come what may!
 
I love y'all so much! I am nervously excited for tomorrow! And I hope y'all have a blessed day!
Love always,
Sister Amy Bennett :)
 Saying Goodbye to J. at Yoga day!

Zone
District Fun!  
 

Too much District Fun!  ;)