Monday, June 29, 2015

The Lord knows and is aware of us :)

June 24, 2015

Dear Mom and Dad,

First off, how are you?? I am doing good! In this letter I will clear up a few myths about the MTC. Everyone told me the first day would be like a week. They all lied. It has been at least a year. Ha ha! It already feels weird not to have my name tag on my PJs. Second, it's actually really hard to call everyone Elder and Sister, especially yourself. I kept almost introducing myself as "Amy" not "Sister Bennett". Third, there is Gluten free food in the world that tastes good, besides mom's cooking. It is at the MTC. Cheesecake has never tasted so good, and I'm not even sick (knock on wood). Fourth, people say you'll see someone you know and have a few random connections. This is a myth because every third person you see you know, and you have a random connection with at least half of the other 2/3s. My random connections are : My companion is Sister Esquerra who lives in Brandon Perry's ward. Sister Johnson and I are on the same facebook page group. Sister Rhymer is in the Shum's ward. And last, but not least, I am related to my MTC teacher brother Bennett. I guess it is a good thing I did my family history book. Oh I actually forgot one. An Elder in my district is in the north canyon 5th Ward. (yes, our neighboring ward) And I'm sure that is only the beginning! Today went as follows: Sister Lefevre was my host, so she helped me with check in and my luggage. I was the first one in my room so I picked the top bunk by the window. Turns out my building just reopened early this week, so it is super nice. Then I went to my classroom where I met my teachers and district. There are four sisters, all going ot South Carolina! Six Elders going to Alaska and two Elders going to D.C. North. So it's awesome! My teachers are Brother Scherek (pronounced Shirk), brother Bennett and Sister Harrison. I've decided that our family's humor must be genetic because Brother Bennett has it too! (I keep wanting to call him Elder not brother) ha ha! Then after classroom we had our MTC Presidency welcome! They were all very nice and inspiring! Then we had our dinner at the late hour of 3:30 ha-ha! like I said earlier, the GF food was awesome and they already told me they have GF cereal, muffins and bagels in the morning. :D Then we had some time to unpack! I'm glad I have the one suitcase I'm not unpacking! It's very handy!! Then we had this group workshop with 60 missionaries where it was basically a group discussion with role playing investigators. The first investigator was a train wreck, but by the third and final one, we were doing a lot better! After that we met our Zone and got a brief tour of the MTC! Then I came back to my room, got ready for bed and wrote in my journal! Now I am just finishing writing the BEST parents EVER before bed in 5 minutes!

Quick spiritual thought is that the Lord knows and is aware of us. He never wants us to feel alone, and that is why there are so many connections and people you know at the MTC. It's the Lord blessing us for giving up so much to serve Him. But this same principle applies to any sacrifice we give to the Lord!

June 25, 2015-Today was a little crazy( and my clock was slow last night). So I don't have a ton of time, but I want to send this out tomorrow! Today was another awesome day! Most exciting part was the new building where I'm living I mentioned yesterday, actually has bats in it, so all the sisters were moved out so we spent the afternoon packing, moving, and unpacking! I can now say I was evicted from the MTC! Ha-ha! So we are a little behind on our lesson for our role playing investigator tomorrow! But Sister Esquerra continues to be SO awesome! We are already BEST Friends! We will also be the Sister Training Leaders starting Sunday! That's the highlight of TODAY!
I am excited to hear from you and get to email you more on Tuesday (my p-day!) I hope all is well for you!! I miss you so much and I'm keeping you in my prayers! Thank you for being such awesome supports!


LOVE YOU!

love always,

Sister Amy 

XOXO

(I have had to work to remember I'm Sister Bennett so getting to say Amy is AWESOME!)