Monday, June 13, 2016

He will make us equal to His work


Hey y'all!!!!!

How are y'all doing this week!!!! I have had a great week!!
Here's the run down:
Monday: we had a fun p-day decorating for my birthday! Then in the evening we met a man named D. and were able to share a little bit about the gospel with him. Then we had a lesson with S. and S. about Repentance!!!
Tuesday we saw Sister I. and shared Ether 12:4 with her. Then we sang at Golden Age. In the evening we had a lesson with a couple in the ward, the S.s!
Wednesday: we volunteered at the soup kitchen! Always a blast! Then we had a lesson with a part member family, the B. In the evening we had our missionary coordination meeting!!
Thursday: We had our interviews with our Mission President! We talked about different Christlike attributes. It was cool because he had us identify one that we want to work on and one that we feel like we've made the most improvement over the course of our mission. So that was awesome. Then we had yoga day! Then we planned for our upcoming week! In the evening we had a lesson with K! K has now set the goal to be baptized on August 6th! Wahoo!!! Then we had a very... let's just say interesting lesson with a guy named D. We probably won't be seeing him again though hahaha!
Friday: We had our zone meeting! It was a really good meeting and our zone leaders were so positive! Yay! I also played the musical number. I did an arrangement of "If you could hie to Kolob" and I sang and played my guitar! Despite how nervous I was, it went really well!! haha! But I don't know how I keep getting roped into doing musical numbers... then all the sisters in the zone ate lunch together at the church! We then had a lesson with R. talking about faith!!!
Saturday... was my birthday!!! Wahoo!!! Officially no longer a teenager.... we had an awesome day! We taught 6 lessons in one day and I have never done that before on my mission. It was God's birthday gift to me! :-)  In the morning we saw Sister K.! We did a puzzle with her and then shared part of the conference talk, "A plea to my sister", then we saw a girl named B., then we saw the part member family T. (the mom) and E. (the unbaptized 14 year old son), then we had a lesson with a man named B. and we reviewed the restoration, then in the evening we had a lesson with S. and S. and their sister K. was finally back in town! Wahoo!!
Sunday was great! B. is now back in town so he came to church again! Also the M. Family was there!! We taught a Sunday School lesson on baptism! Then in the afternoon we saw the less active S. B. and in the evening we had a lesson with J. and K. We read Mosiah 2 with them!

So it was a great week! Saturday and Sunday both hit 100 degrees! So summer is back!
Oh yeah... other news you might be interested in knowing... transfers are this week!! Actually President Turner told me what was going on during interviews. At the end of my interview he said, "I'm going to kill two birds with one stone... transfers are coming up... and I'm calling you... to be a trainer!" I was surprised because usually if you are being called as a trainer President calls you on Saturday, be he went ahead and told me Thursday but swore me to secrecy until Saturday haha! So yeah I will be staying in Boiling Springs and will be getting a missionary straight from the MTC and I'll get to train her how to be a missionary! I am very nervous, yet excited, haha! Also very humbled by this call.

Spiritual thought: I was reading a talk called "Being a more Christian Christian" from the October 2012 conference this morning. I really liked this quote from it and I thought it applied really well to me being called as a trainer, so I'm going to share it with y'all, "We need not be afraid or feel inadequate. The Savior has promised that He will make us equal to His work. 'Follow me,' He said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.' As we follow Him, He blesses us with gifts, talents, and the strength to do His will, allowing us to go beyond our comfort zones and do things we've never before thought possible." I know that this quote can apply to us no matter what circumstance we are in in life!
 
I love y'all so much and I hope y'all have a blessed week! I can't wait to tell y'all about my little greenie next week haha!

Love always,
Sister Amy Bennett :)
We love Landrum!

 
My 20th birthday!!

I love my Zone!