Monday, June 20, 2016

My name is on the chair!!!

Hey y'all!!!!!!
In honor of me keep thinking of hilarious subject lines and then forgetting to explain why I put them, I better explain today's right now ;) So my new companion's name is Sister Coleman!! She is awesome!!! Sometimes I forget she's a greenie haha! Little get to know Sister Coleman: She is from Gilbert, Arizona, she loves to sing, play the piano and guitar, she took ballet, loves musicals, she likes writing and reading, loves Doctor Who, and she loves being a missionary! So needless to say, we have a lot in common which is so fun! She's super awesome and is just so excited to be hear and learn and do everything missionary related! She's already participating in lessons super well even though she's super nervous so she's just the coolest! But her family always makes jokes about how their last name is a camping brand. Yesterday we had a lesson with a man outside his house so he pulled out camping chairs for us to sit on and Sister Coleman was like "Look! My name is on the chair!! How did you know I was coming?" so I thought that was hilarious!

Now for the quick run down of the week:

Monday: we had p-day and in the evening B. and his girlfriend, M., had us over for dinner! So that was way nice of them! It was also a really good chance to tell M. a little bit about our church and let her ask some questions!
Tuesday: was Sister Staheli's packing and saying goodbye day! We saw the I.'s and also a lady named M. and a few other people for Sister Staheli!!
Wednesday: transfer day!!! Wahoo!!! It was fun because Sister Yancey was at the transfer meeting so my three pack was reunited for 10 minutes! It was soo exciting :) Then we had the meeting where I got Sister Coleman! Then we had all the trainers/trainees had a meeting with President. I didn't know which room we were all going to so I asked President and he replied something to the effect of, "How can you train anther missionary if you don't know what's going on?" It was really funny haha! After transfers we set up Sis Coleman's iPad and then had a lesson with R.! In the evening we had a lesson with J.! Oh, also, Sister Staheli went down to the midlands of South Carolina to a place called Orangeburg!
Thursday: we had yoga day!!! then we had a lesson with B. on the Atonement and it was a really good lesson Then we sang at Golden Age! In the evening we had a lesson with K. on Priesthood and auxiliaries!
Friday: we had our weekly planning then we had a lesson with the part member family K. and R. about following the prophet! The evening we went around with a brother in the ward trying a lot of people, but no one was home :(
Saturday: We went and helped K. finish packing and cleaning her parent's house. Her parent's are in the process of moving and are already up at their new house so she wanted to surprise them and have everything done for them when the come back to finish up! So that was fun :) Then I the afternoon we saw Sister K. and then had a couple appointments fall through. In the evening we had a fireside at Brother Baker's house and the M.s came to that which was awesome!!
Sunday: we had church! J., K., and the M.s came! So that was very exciting!! Then we had lunch with J. and K. at J.'s parent's house. So that was fun! Then we saw a less active, D., and talked about prayer and scripture study. Then we had a lesson with S. B. (he was the one with the Coleman chairs haha) and we read Enos with him! Then in the evening we had a lesson with S. and S. on tithing! Then we played a "ghost" game with them. Basically it was tag, but the person who was it had a blanket over their head so they couldn't see. I only hit my head once, and fell over once haha! But it was a lot of fun!! haha ;)

So yeah it was a super good week!!! and I love being with Sister Coleman! Sometimes I feel like I'm learning more from her than she is learning from me haha :) But it's good!!

Spiritual thought from this week actually is what we shared in our lesson with J. on Wednesday which is Heleman 5:12 which says, "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must building your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yeah, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of miser and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fail." And I love that scripture because it talks about how we will all face hard times and struggles and trials in this life, but if we have Christ as our foundation that these trials and such will not get us down, but we will be able to withstand them and grow from them!!

Well I love y'all so much and I hope y'all had a good father's day yesterday!! Y'all have a blessed week!!!

Love always,
Sister Amy Bennett :)
 


The 3 pack reunited
On the drive home with my new companion!

Sister Bennett and Sister Coleman