Monday, December 19, 2016

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hey y'all! 
I hope you had a good week! Honestly this week went by so fast I can't even believe it!! 
Monday: we played sports with the sisters in my district! And we (well actually mainly just me) edited our district skit. I love video editing!! In the evening we had a really good lesson with B. where we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ! He is just the cutest kid ever! 
Tuesday: we had Christmas zone conference! So much fun! It was combined with the Columbia zone!! We had a couple trainings. And the trainings the Assistants gave was honestly the training I have been waiting for my whole mission. It was amazing! We talked about finding and a few other things and the spirit was so strong and it just reminded me how awesome being a missionary is! Then we watched all the district skits! Our missionary kid history skit was a hit! So fun! Then we watched a movie. I was expecting some good church type movie. But then president pulls out a hallmark movie called "Christmas in Conway." Before he told us a few religious lessons we can pull from it and then said "but basically it's a chick flick" and he was right! Haha!  But it was set in South Carolina so that was fun! But it was weird watching a chick flick... in the evening we saw C. and R. and showed them the Christmas video. 
Wednesday: we did the same service at walmart that we did last week. The we saw members the Johnsons and showed "testimony of the Book of Mormon" video! Then had branch missionary meeting!
Thursday: we planned for our week and then went out finding!!! Not much else went on this day haha! :)
Friday: we went and helped out at We Care again! Then we saw a less active named Angie and invited her to the branch Christmas party! In the evening we had a really good lesson with Melissa, Robin, and Petie.   We showed the video where it's the guy who's family got killed in an accident by a drunk driver and he talks about endurance and forgiveness! So that was awesome! We also sang a Christmas song for them! 
Saturday: we saw J. and S. We talked about the purpose of trials in this life and  how we can rely on Christ through them. In the evening we had our branch Christmas party! And of course Sister Pickett and I wore matching Christmas sweaters! Always a hit ;) 
Sunday: M. and P. came to church. We were also super excited because A. (who we saw on Friday) came with her daughter and stayed all three hours! Also another super exciting thing happened on Sunday! So there was a less active family that moved in recently. And their 14 year old daughter is not baptized. But she has been coming to church the past few weeks. During the afternoon we got a phone from the family asking us to come teach the 14 year old, A., the lessons and set an appointment up! It was such a big answer to our prayers! We totally felt like the part in the "Best Two Years" movie when they pray that the guy will call them back and right then he phone rings and when it's him the missionaries look up and the Hallelujah chorus plays in the background haha!! But it was awesome! Then we went and had an early Christmas dinner with the J. and their less active son. 
So it was another great week here in Chapin! 
 
My spiritual thought comes from a quote I read this morning by Abraham Lincoln (I picked this just for you Katie!). "I have bee driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." I have really seen the difference that prayer makes each and everyday. I have no idea where I'd be without prayer and the support I receive from my Heavenly Father! 
I love y'all so much and hope that y'all have a blessed week!!
Love always,
Sister Amy Bennett :) 
Christmas Tree Happiness
 An Ornament fell on her head!
 


The Three Pack Reunited

With Dutch Fork Sisters and their new cars

With her little buddy!