Monday, August 3, 2015

Consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God

Hey y'all!

It's me again! This week has been very long, but it can't possibly already be Monday again haha! There were some bumps in the road, that made this week a bit more challenging and we had extra meetings so we didn't have as much time to proselyte as we normally do, but the work continued anyway!! There were a few exciting things that happened this week, mainly our investigator M (hence the subject line). But I'm going to save best for last and talk about him at the end of my email.

As for a few random occurrences of the week... One is that two people this week made the connection that I am related to Lynden and Marta Bennett! The first is an Elder Kendall in my district who is friends with Jaren. The second is a Sister in my ward, Nancy Cheney, who lived in Morgan about 20 years ago! What a small world haha! A funny occurrence this week is there is a yellow door on one of the houses on the street of one of our investigators. The funny part is apparently I have noticed it each time we've gone to her house and then forgotten about it and noticed it again the next time we are on the street. Apparently I have done that every time we've been on that street and have no memory of it hahaha!!!

As far as a Fort Jackson update (because I love Fort Jackson). The Spirit hasn't stop performing miracles! This week we had one baptism, which we hadn't been anticipating, so we were very excited!!! Also I got to teach one of the classes this week! So instead of teaching one on one lessons with soldiers after sacrament meeting, I taught the non member class, which is basically teaching the Restoration lesson to a group of soldiers all by myself! It's pretty crazy, but the alone teaching is becoming easier each week! There were some really cool soldiers in the class! The soldiers never cease to amaze me! Lots of them have really cool and crazy stories to tell! Also testimony meeting on Fort Jackson yesterday was amazing. The spirit is already so strong there because of how humble and searching the soldiers are, but then to add on the simple testimonies of quite a few soldiers was very powerful!!

Now onto the exciting part! So we have this investigator named M. I honestly can't remember if I mentioned him in last weeks email. Anyway we found him in our lead book and he set a date for baptism that we are working towards. We had a lesson with him last week and he talked about how he believes everything he is reading in the Book of Mormon is true and the several ways he has already seen daily reading bless his life! Yesterday he came to Church for the first time! We were so excited to say the least!! He teared up in both sacrament meeting and Sunday school! We asked him after sacrament meeting how he felt and he said, "blessed." After church we asked what he thought and he told us he wants to come back every week and that everyone felt like his family!! The only struggle is that after church his boss told him that he couldn't have any more Sunday's off because the other workers are too slow and Sunday is their busiest day. He called us really sad because he wants to keep coming to church, but doesn't know how he can now. Please keep him in your prayers. Sister Ward and I talked about how everyone should be M because one of the main struggles we have is that people don't read the Book of Mormon so they don't get an answer of whether or not it's true and they don't see the correlation. M understood he needed to read to get his answer and the he found out for himself it was true! We are really excited and I'm happy that I get to keep working with him. We are praying hard and keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to figure out what to do about his job situation.

Well other than that it was a pretty uneventful week. We did a little bit more to help a family finish moving. We got to meet a couple new families this week that had just moved into the Ward. We got to teach Sunday school yesterday. And we got to do a lot of work! One of my favorite quotes is "the secret to missionary work is work." Haha!

As for a spiritual thought this week is Mosiah 2:41! It kept popping up in random places (like unrelated people talking about that scripture) this week so I figured I'd better pay attention to is haha! It says: "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." So basically God wants us all to be happy, we just have to keep his commandments and He'll fill in the rest!

I hope that y'all have a great week! Thanks for all the love and support y'all have shown me! Let me know is there's anything I can do for any of y'all!


Love always,

Sister Amy Bennett :)



Random selfie :)