Monday, April 18, 2016

My Grace is Sufficient for ALL men



Hey y'all!!!

How are y'all doing this fantastic day?? I am doing great!!! Mission life is the best :)
Now for the run down of the week! (I realize I always say quick and then it ends up not being super quick hahaha!)

Monday started off disguised as a normal p-day! We did email, shopping, laundry, the usual. Then we decided to have some fun and go look around at an antique shop near our house. We looked around and came back out to the car to go finish up our p-day tasks and relax and play a game. I put the keys in the ignition and..... nothing. So I tried again... and again... and once more just to be sure... and nothing. We looked and made sure that we hadn't left on any of the lights and we hadn't! We were quite perplexed! We called our vehicle coordinator and then called a member who came and jumped started us. We then had to drive down to Firestone in Spartanburg for them to check our car out. The funny part was we had an appointment scheduled for Firestone the very next day to change our oil. They were super nice and checked our battery and changed the oil for us at the same time. They ended up having to replace our battery, so that was an adventure. We were there a while and ended up getting home about the time we would have gone in anyway. So we missed the rest of p-day and our time to work in the evening :( But we found other missionary opportunities along the way!

Tuesday we went out and worked in the afternoon with a girl in the ward! So that was fun! We were able to see a couple people with her! Then she even came and sang at Golden Age with us!! Then that evening we had permission to go to K's (12 year old recent convert) elementary school music program. K. has been learning the violin this year and was really hoping that we would be able to come see her play it. We were sitting in the back corning (we got there only a few minutes before it started) and so she hadn't seen us in the audience so when we came up to her after her face was one of pure excitement! it was so cute!! We were then able to drop by and see a potential on our way home!

Wednesday we worked at the soup kitchen! That was a lot of fun as usual!! The people there are just the best :) Then in the afternoon we were able to see a couple people and in the evening we had Ward Coord!!

Thursday we busy!! We had weekly planning, then yoga day, then a lesson, then singing at Golden Age, then after dinner we had a lesson with B. about scripture study. Then an out of the ordinary experience that evening. A less active family in the ward was in a car crash on a trip out west and their 17 year old daughter was killed. Thursday evening they held a memorial service for her family and friends to attend. I was asked to play the piano at the memorial service. Most of her family/friends are not members so the Bishop wanted us and the Elders there to talk to the family after. Even though I had never met this girl I almost cried during the service. But I am very grateful for my knowledge that one day we will all live again and all the pains and sorrows we experience in this life will one day be made up. I was grateful that I got to share my testimony of that both through music and while talking to people afterwards. We actually found out her uncle lives two houses up the street from us!

Friday we had a zone meeting! I got to see two elders from my Camden district so that was a blast! Afterwards we had a car inspection... we passed!! waho!! Then we saw R.! His cat had the most adorable little kittens less than a week ago! After dinner we saw A. and J.!! So it was another great day!!

Saturday morning we saw a less active member, T. C.. Then the Bishop's son was getting baptized and we had invited B. to come. B. came and afterwards we were able to talk to him a little bit about baptism and read the baptism covenant out of Mosiah 18 with him so that was awesome! In the evening we ended up talking to this man, his father, his ex-wife, and her now husband. It was kind of a crazy all over the place lesson because they were asking a lot of questions. The man we had originally come to see ended up going back inside his house (they were all out on the porch) and basically what happened is Sister Staheli taught a lesson to the father while I taught a different lesson to the couple. It was crazy, but ended up being a really good experience!

Sunday we had church! After we got to meet a less active we had been trying to meet for a while. He's been wanting to come to church for a while now, but keeps getting scheduled to work Sundays. In the evening we saw less active V., part member family K. and R., and then had our lesson with J. and K.! At J.and K.'s we were eating these giant sausages while having our lesson (sitting on their couches), and me being my clumsy self dropped a tiny piece on my skirt. They were getting me a dish cloth to put over my lap. While I lifted up my plate to push the dishcloth down, the sausage rolled off my plate and down my skirt. Luckily with a quick intervention, and then a soaking wet skirt, we were able to get the grease stains out hahaha!

So there were many adventures this week ranging many emotions! haha! But overall it was an awesome week!!!!

Now for a spiritual thought :)

Sometimes as a missionary it is really easy to feel insufficient (I think that's the word I'm looking for) but it's always good to remember that when we turn to the Lord, He can cover our weaknesses. (I feel like a lot of my spiritual thoughts are about this... but it's an important lesson to learn and remember). I find a lot of comfort in the scripture Ether 12:26-27. Here the Lord is talking to Moroni who is worried that because he is not a very good writer, that people will make fun of his writing and will not believe in the Book of Mormon. The Lord says, "Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; and if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." So yeah, I love that scripture!

Well I hope y'all have a blessed week that is filled with wonder and glorious adventures!! I love y'all soooo much!!!

Love always,

Sister Amy Bennett :)

Attending K.'s Concert

Beautiful South Carolina!

With R's Kittens!