Monday, February 1, 2016

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Hey y'all!!!
     I hope y'all have been having a fantastic week!! I can't believe that it is already February!! Where did January go???  Well here in South Carolina our week of winter is over and I have dusted off my short sleeves shirts in honor of the 70 degree weather haha! But really... It's great!!!

This week was good!!
     Monday was a pretty typical p-day and then we had a family home evening lesson with some members!
     Tuesday we did service at the library and had a lesson with a sister in the ward we have been working with for a while now.
     Wednesday we finally got to have a lesson with a family we have been trying to get a hold of the entire time I have been here! So we were really excited about that! We also did service at United Way!
     Thursday we had our annual General Authority mission tour! So each year a general authority comes and speaks to the mission (usually over two or three days). So we had a combined meeting with our zone (Columbia), Florence Zone, and Charleston Zone held in Sumter! It was excited to have a combined meeting with half of the mission!!! Elder Brent Nielson came and spoke to us! He is the executive over the missionary department (right under Elder Oaks) so that was really cool! We learned a lot about working with both active and less active members, as well as getting a long with our companions and working in unity! That lasted from 9am to 4:30 pm! So that was a great day!
     Friday we planned for this next week! The really exciting thing was that we were able to take B. (the Sister who was baptized in December)  with us to a lesson that day! When we first asked her to come out teaching with us she was super nervous and was saying she wouldn't know what to say, but she came anyway. Once in the lesson she opened right up and bore powerful testimony of the things she had just learned. It was really cool! When we got back in the car to take her home she turned to us and was like, "Sorry if I was talking too much, I don't know where that all came from!" And we shared the scripture D&C 84:85 which says "neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." And we were talking about how as we study the scriptures and focus on the Holy Ghost instead of worrying about what to say, then the Lord will guide and direct our words. She got a big smile on her face and was like, "Is that what happened to me?" It was really cool to see! I know that I have found a lot of comfort as a missionary about this. That when we are studying the scriptures and focusing on the Spirit, we don't have to worry about what to say. Whether that be in a lesson, or comforting a friend, or giving counsel to a family member, or whatever. The principle still applies. God will not leave us alone or without words to say :) (That's my spiritual thought for this week :) )
     Saturday was good! We had an appointment set up that fell through about 20 minutes before it was supposed to happen. We were meeting them at the church (which is outside of our area) so we were suddenly like, now we are outside of our area and our appointment fell through... what are we going to do next? When a Sister in our ward gave us a call saying she was in Camden and asked us to go out visiting teaching with her. It was a really cool moment  because if we hadn't been at the church and if our appointment hadn't fallen through we wouldn't have been able to go with her. So the Lord works in mysterious ways!
     Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about why we go out and serve missions even with there being a lot of difficulties. I focused a lot on how as a missionary we are going and assisting the Lord in the saving of human souls. So it was good!
     Then this morning with got our transfer calls and... I'm leaving Camden. I have absolutely loved serving here and I have been SO grateful for Sister Harvey! She is a blessing every single day, so I am going to miss her like crazy. But I know that This is God's plan and it's all in his hands so I am excited to see what the future has in store for me! On to area number 4!!! So stay tuned to next week ;)
     I hope y'all have a blessed week and know that I love y'all and am praying for y'all daily!
Love always,
Sister Amy Bennett :)


Leaving a Bible at a door with scriptures marked!

 Picnic Lunch outside in January?!?  ... we say YES! 

 I made a gluten free cake to "celebrate" 2 years since my Celiac diagnosis!